Home-made Facial Mask
Today I tried out a new facial mask. I’m sufficiently pleased with the results (I seldom apply the adjective “luminous” to my skin, but it seemed to fit quite well) that I thought I would share it with my readers. Please feel free to let me know how it works for you.
- 1 tsp powdered turmeric
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp liquid honey
- Pour a nice, hot bath, with several drops of essential oils
- Put on some beautiful, relaxing music
- Dim the lights; maybe light some candles
- Hop into the bathtub
- Splash water on your face, then lightly dry it off with a towel
- Massage the turmeric/lime/honey mixture into your face, neck, and chest (the turmeric is very slightly abrasive, so spend a minute massaging it in, to take advantage of the exfoliation)
- Leave it on your skin for 20 minutes, as you relax and enjoy (but wash it promptly off of your hands, WITH soap – it will NOT turn your face a turmeric shade of yellow, but I can’t promise the same for your fingernails)
- mix 1 tbsp of baking soda with a few drops of water, to form a paste
- massage the paste into your face, neck, and chest (this is also exfoliating, so spend another minute)
- rinse it all off
- when you get out of the tub, after drying off, promptly apply moisturizer to the face, neck, and chest
And tell me – is your skin not luminous?
- Besides being a mild antiseptic, honey is also an excellent moisturizing agent and natural cleanser.
- Lime cleans, refreshes and clarifies, and you can mix it with other ingredients to make a wonderful treatment for either dry or oily skin.
- Turmeric has antiseptic properties, enhances skin tone, and gets rid of blemishes.
[Inspired by a recommendation on www.ayurvedictalk.com]